Chia seed energy bar

Tuesday, April 2, 2013


cutting sugar has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do and honestly I am doing a terrible job at it. I am one of those people that have to have a desert like snack every nightMy husband on the other hand, zero sweet tooth, which means when we have desserts in the house I am left finishing themI am trying to find and make recipes sans sugar

This is a great recipe for anytime of the day. The chia seeds give you a boost of energy and the dates give my sweet tooth a pinch. The chia seeds are a bit messy, but totally worth it.



MAKE IT
10 dates 
1/2 - 3/4 cups chia seeds
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
cinnamon to taste
vanilla extract to taste
shredded coconut to taste (I add about half a cup)

DIRECTIONS
pulse dates in blender then add everything together. scoop into a mini muffin pan and freeze for 3 hours. store in the freezer or fridgerator if you prefer them a bit more gooey.

I make these so much I just kind of wing the measurements, feel free to do the same, you really can't mess this one up.

ENJOY!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

M3 Design All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger